BiblioNasium

Biblionasium Monthly Reading Log   

Biblionasium gives students the opportunity to talk about books, driving home the point that reading doesn’t have to be a lonely endeavor — it can even be fun! When students add a book to their Biblionasium library, they immediately get to make choices: Did they like it? Why did they like it? Why do they want to share it with a friend? They’ll learn communication skills, improve their writing skills, and actually read books!

Students will pick books to read, then log each one into Biblionasium. They’ll then share how they felt about that book with their classmates, learning some basic analytical skills in the process. By making and then reaching their reading goals, students can become more confident as readers and hopefully transfer that feeling to other academic endeavors.

Classroom Requirments

Students don’t have to turn in a reading log each month, but rather log their reading each time they read on Biblionasium. I have set up our class’ required reading challenge for the first few months of school at 400 minutes a month or about 15 minutes of reading each day. Students get to decide when they read so if they can’t read one night, they can make it up another night and log it into the reading challenge. This allows flexibility with outside school schedules. As the school year progresses, so does the number of minutes they have to read at home. I will let students know as well as parents beforehand when the increase will be. Each student will bring home a letter of how they can set up their account as well as how to join as a parent. There also will be login labels in their assignment notebook with their login information.

Together, with the stimulation of this website, I believe we can motivate each child to read something different, something new, and something more challenging!

How To Log Your Reading Minutes

1. Go to https://www.biblionasium.com/
  2. Click on Login with BiblioNasium in the top right corner of the screen.
  3. In the Student Login, type in your username and password that can be found in your assignment notebooks. 
  4. First, you have to add the books you are reading at home to the My Books section on the left side of the page after logging in. Click on My Books and then the Search for Books option.
  5.  Type in the book title in the search bar. A bunch of book options may show up so try and find the book and click on it. 
  6. There is a green box that says Add to shelf, click on it. It is now added to your bookshelf to log your reading minutes. This must be done for every book in order to log the minutes for it.
  7. Sometimes, the book won’t show up, but there is an option Add it yourself and you add the book title and author to create your own so you can log it. 
  8. To log your minutes, click on Reading Log on the left side of the page. 
  9. Click Add to my reading log.
  10.  From the drop-down box called Select a book from your shelf, click on the book you are trying to log. 
  11. In the minute box, type how many minutes you read. Then click Save.

Biblionasium Website Link

Below Is My YouTube Playlist Of Videos To Help You Navigate Biblinasium: 

Skip to toolbar